mailing list footer addition request

Jake Pollmann jake.pollmann at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 18:32:54 MDT 2005

On 9/10/05, Andy Bradford <amb-1064524778 at bradfords.org> wrote:
> Thus said Jake Pollmann on Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:11:51 MDT:
>
> > Say what you will,  but Outlook and Gmail are what  I use because they
> > are the best solutions for my applications.
>
> I was really just taking a stab  at Gmail since there is already no hope
> for Outlook.

Outlook _is_ truly helpless... other than it helps me manage my email,
tasks, calendar, facilitates collaboration with my coworkers, has the
best webmail interface I know of, and seamlessly integrates with my
PDA & phone, it is a steaming pile of crap.  ;-)

> > I too, believe that ASCII art in sigs should be a thing of the past.
>
> Granted,  the PLUG  mailing  list  isn't super  large,  but imagine  the
> bandwidth costs incurred  of attaching even a 1k image  instead of a 190
> byte ASCII footer.

I didn't advocate embedded images, rich text, or html email.  Your
point is valid, but who disagreed with you?

> When did you send in your last donation for PLUG?

Never.  Is PLUG in need?  I have surplus bandwidth if PLUG needs it
(contact me off list).

Jake