Mapping Mouse Buttons

Topher Fischer javert42 at cs.byu.edu
Sat Sep 10 02:16:40 MDT 2005

Dan Wilson wrote:

>Hey list,
>
>I'd like to map mouse button combinations to commands/scripts.
>
>Does anyone know of a way to do something similar to xbinkeys but with
>the mouse?
>
>Reason: I just installed 3ddesktop [1] and would rather not have to hit
>the keyboard in order to activate it.
>
>Thanks,
>-Dan

I realize this question is about a month and a half old, but I thought
Dan still might be lying awake at night, dreaming of dancing workspaces
(if you don't know what I'm referring to, you need to see 3ddesktop),
and hoping that someday they might be controlled with his mouse (though
I still don't understand why anybody would want to touch the vulgar
things, aside from web-browsing).

Actually, Dorothy, you've had the power all along, you just need to look
deeper into the powers of xbindkeys.  Just use `xbindkeys -mk` and click
you mouse keys in the little white window that appears, and you can find
the values to appropriately map your mouse key clicks and wheel movements.

There you go.  Hopefully, some good might come out of me carefully
cleaning out my inbox.  See ya'll at the BYU-UUG Installfest!

--
Topher Fischer
GnuPG Fingerprint: 3597 1B8D C7A5 C5AF 2E19  EFF5 2FC3 BE99 D123 6674
javert42 at cs.byu.edu