Any recommendations on where to get a static ip or a cheap hosting plans?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Sep 9 14:25:15 MDT 2005

bibhor dhungel wrote:
> i am looking for a either a cheap hosting plan or get a static ip through
> one of the local isp's. any recommendations?

I just set up a site at westhost.com.  You get a chroot environment, so
it's almost like a dedicated server, and the prices are great.  They are
located in Providence, Utah.  A few core commands were missing, so I
installed busybox and gcc, and now I'm really happy.  The only
inconvenience is they require you to pay for two years upfront.

Besides, they have a nifty data center. ;-)

http://www.westhost.com/datacenter.html

Shane