SuSE Users?

Brad Dorner bdorner at novell.com
Fri Sep 9 08:57:00 MDT 2005

I like SUSE a lot, but then again I'm biased. I have tried Fedora and
have Ubuntu running on my Mac laptop, i'm going to try SUSE on it soon.
I recently installed SUSE 10 beta 4 on a cutting edge amd 64 desktop
that I have. This desktop has been a problem for me because of all of
the new hardware that is on it. Up until SUSE 10 beta 4 I was not able
to get it to recognise some of the hardware on it. This was a problem
with not only SUSE but fedora 4, Ubuntu, and Debian. I stopped trying
after that. These problems were just a few weeks ago. With SUSE 10 beta
4 I was able to install with no problems. I have not done much with it,
due to time constraints, but I did notice that it boots in about a tenth
of the time it previously took before.

Like I said, I'm biased. I work for Novell, but I have been biased tword
SUSE sense before Novell did Linux.

Brad