Any recommendations on where to get a static ip or a cheap hosting plans?

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 07:32:29 MDT 2005

--- bibhor dhungel <bibhor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i am looking for a either a cheap hosting plan or get a static
> ip through one of the local isp's. any recommendations? thanks

If "local" means Provo, try iProvo.  I believe both providers
offer static IPs (for an extra $5 or so).  Elsewhere in Utah, if
you have DSL, you can get a static IP with XMission.

For hosting plans, it depends on your needs.  If you need space
to put up a web site, you might look at hostforweb.com.  If you
need access to a full Linux installation, Linode might be a
better option.  "Cheap" acquires a whole new definition if you're
looking at server colocation, but it doesn't sound like you are.