Fwd: UUG Installfest Announcement

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:09:31 MDT 2005

<snip>
Gentoo is also for people like me who want all the latest stuff to work
well together.  In my experience, most of the problems with binary
packages are due to subtle library incompatibilities.  Gentoo seems to
eliminate that whole class of bugs.  Thus Gentoo actually saves me the
time I used to spend chasing down library mismatches.

> Shane
> .-----------------------------------.
> | This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |
> |      Don't Fear the Penguin.      |
> |  IRC: #utah at irc.freenode.net   |

</snip>

Odd you say that, today I performed a emerge --sync && emerge -ud --world
Had it fail due to library incompatibilties.  This will probably work
itself out in the next few days (i hope).
But yeah I do agree gentoo, once you get past the initial install
process is probably the easiest to use distro around.