Skilled Java Developer Needed

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Thu Sep 8 09:13:19 MDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:06:33PM -0600, Dan Forward wrote:
> I had a hard time convincing our HR guy that a developer in Utah
> County could be worth $150K, regardless of the cost of living here,
> but if someone has the experience to get twice as much done as two
> $75K developers, it is simple math.

If you can really find someone who truly provides twice the results of
a $75k developer (good luck), then it's even better. The HR overhead
of an employee is an important factor to consider. A $75k-salaried
employee may be costing the company $150k/yr in total, so two
$75k-salaried would cost the company $300k/yr. A single $150k-salaried
employee would cost the company $225k/yr.

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

The last word in this sentence is wrong.