Jittery MythTV

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Sep 7 19:14:06 MDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 04:56:30PM -0600, Roberto Mello wrote:
> 1) Watching live TV is jittery. Every second the image pauses for a
> second before continuing. I had MythTV running on the same machine
> several months ago and it worked fine, so I don't think it's slowness.

If I understand you correctly, you have a backend box and a frontend
box.  What's your network connection between the two boxes?  Remember,
video requires a lot of bandwidth.  If you lower your recording quality
or your transcoding quality, the streams will require less bandwidth.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/