Suggestion for a good monochrome laserjet?

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:29:08 MDT 2005

On 9/5/05, Michael Halcrow <mike at halcrow.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 08:24:29AM -0600, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> > Michael Halcrow wrote:
> > >but with the ghosting problem and all, I am just inclined to get a new
> > >Epson Stylus at this point.
> >
> > Isn't the Epson Stylus a inkjet printer?
>
> Yeah; I haven't owned any inkjets for about five years now, so I'd
> like to see how much better they're doing nowadays. I keep finding
> things that I want to print out in color too. :-) And Epson Stylus is
> fully supported (fancy features and all) with the Gimp-Print driver
> (the Gutenprint driver looks nifty, but I don't like the binary-only
> component at all).

Be careful with Epson.  The Stylus I owned a while back had the print
heads in the printer (rather than on the cartridge) which means that
if you don't use all of the colors often enough the heads get clogged
and it will never print as well again.  Which is why mine just went to
DI... or was it the dumpster, I forget.