Thoughts on new MP3 player?

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Sep 6 19:50:58 MDT 2005

Steve wrote:
> Yesterday I made the mistake of putting my Creative Nomad Muvo in my
> back pocket.
> Needless to say my player is destroyed (I have a bony butt).
> I've been looking at purchasing a new MP3 player, and only have about
> $150 to spend on this purchase.
> I did a google search and found this VERY interesting.
> http://reviews.cnet.com/MobiBlu_DAH_1500i__1GB__Black_/4535-6490_7-31473739.html?tag=top
>
> It looks really kewl, but what I can't seem to figure out is how on
> earth you get music onto the thing.

I have been real impressed with the iRiver products. They adopted support for
OggVorbis files early on and work fairly well with Linux. Their new T10 would
fit in your ballpark and meet your requirements although it's a bit more than
$150 - closer to $200.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/ultra/t10/T10-1GB.aspx

  "Order your summers suit. Because is big rush we will execute customers in
   strict rotation."
     -- Seen in Rhodes tailor shop