Thoughts on new MP3 player?

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Sep 6 18:58:37 MDT 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 6:32 PM, Steve wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> Yesterday I made the mistake of putting my Creative Nomad Muvo in
> my back pocket.
> Needless to say my player is destroyed (I have a bony butt).
> I've been looking at purchasing a new MP3 player, and only have
> about $150 to spend on this purchase.
> I did a google search and found this VERY interesting.
> http://reviews.cnet.com/MobiBlu_DAH_1500i__1GB__Black_/
> 4535-6490_7-31473739.html?tag=top
> It looks really kewl, but what I can't seem to figure out is how on
> earth you get music onto the thing.
> I'm exclusively using Gentoo, and with my Muvo I just plugged it in
> and used it as you would any other USB drive no problem.
> I'm not seeing anything of the sort.
> Has anyone tried this device out or seen one IRL?
> Also does anyone have a good suggestion for a new MP3 player in my
> price range that will work with linux?
> Thanks

 From what I understand, it comes with a USB cable that plugs into
the headphone port, through which it also gets its power to
recharge.  I think you use it like a USB drive at that point.

My only concern with it would be the awkward form factor.  It's got
about the same volume as an iPod Shuffle, but it has no 'thin'
dimension.  I guess you wouldn't have to worry about sticking it in
your back pocket, though!

         --Levi