BSD Installfest '05 - Announcement

Don Boling db at gubug.org
Mon Sep 5 14:05:02 MDT 2005

The Greater Utah BSD User Group (http://www.gubug.org/) is pleased to
announce the first annual BSD Installfest, sponsored by ArosNet, Utah's
premier Internet Service Provider (http://www.aros.net/).

We are fortunate to have Vérité, Inc. (http://verite.com/) provide the
location and crucial bandwidth for the event!

-- Date: Sat, Sept 24, 2005
-- Time: 2:00pm til 10:00pm (or until we pass out!)
-- Place: Vérité, Inc.
        608 West 9320 South
        Sandy, UT
-- Cost: $0, nada!  Spread the word!  Invite your grandmother!

-- Free blinky horns for the first 50 people!  You know you want 'em!

-- 4:30pm drawing for free stuff, including a free year of service from
 ArosNet!

-- Free food & drink will be provided as well!

Bring your boxen and we will provide installation and technical
assistance for the best platforms in the world!

As our special guest, joining us all the way from Ottawa, Canada, is Dan
Langille (http://www.langille.org/).

Dan is a long-standing member of the BSD community and founder of
FreeBSD Diary, FreshPorts, BSDCan and is also a founding member of the
BSD Certification Group.

-- BSDCan                      : http://www.bsdcan.org/
-- FreeBSD Diary               : http://www.freebsddiary.org/
-- FreshPorts                  : http://www.freshports.org/
-- The BSD Certification Group : http://www.bsdcertification.org/

Dan had graciously offered to give a talk about Bacula: THE backup
solution (http://www.bacula.org/).  The session is scheduled for 3:30pm
to 4:00pm (with time for questions immeadiately after).

We will have ISO images of the 4 most popular BSD flavors:

-- FreeBSD      : http://www.freebsd.org/
-- OpenBSD      : http://www.openbsd.org/
-- NetBSD       : http://www.netbsd.org/
-- DragonflyBSD : http://www.dragonflybsd.org/

OpenBSD fans, be sure to bring your Humppa!  We will have two at the
event already!   ;-)
We will also have some images for those interested in running BSD as a
desktop:

-- DesktopBSD : http://desktopbsd.sourceforge.net/
-- PC-BSD     : http://www.pcbsd.org/

Live CD's will also be available for those interested:

-- FreeSBIE : http://www.freesbie.org/
-- LiveBSD  : http://www.livebsd.org/

Please let us know ahead of time if you are interested in other
platforms and we will try to have a technical resource available.

We need to have an idea of how many attendees we will have and
architectures you are interested in, so sign up early!  Please send
email to installfest at gubug.org with a general idea of what you would
like to install and the type of hardware you are bringing.  Note that
the BSDs are platform-independent, and ports for some very exotic
hardware *is* available!

For more information, please visit our Web site: http://www.gubug.org/

Hope to see you there!

Don Boling