Email domain black listed?

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at uvlug.org
Mon Sep 5 08:57:56 MDT 2005

So I thought I was being a good net citizen by routing all my outbound
email through my ISPs SMTP server (smtp.comcast.net).

But every so often I get bounce back emails saying my email was rejected
because either my initial IP (which is dynamic), or the SMTP server, or
some other IP address is black listed.  What is one to do to get his
emails out.

For example the below email just bounced back to me, saying 63.240.76.22
is listed in the black hole.  My address today is 67.186.222.247, so it
wasn't me.  SMTP.comcast.net is 63.240.76.27 so it wasn't the SMTP
exactly.  So some other mail router at Comcast touched my email and now
it is a bad email?

Any suggestions?

----------------------------------

A message (from <kenneth at uvlug.org>) was received at 5 Sep 2005 14:44:37
+0000.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<fozz at iodynamics.com>
	Permanent Failure:
550_5.7.1_<fozz at iodynamics.com>..._Rejected:_63.240.76.22_listed_at_blackholes.five-ten-sg.com
	Delivery last attempted at Mon,  5 Sep 2005 14:44:38 -0000

Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
Arrival-Date: 5 Sep 2005 14:44:37 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <fozz at iodynamics.com>
Action: failed
550_5.7.1_<fozz at iodynamics.com>..._Rejected:_63.240.76.22_listed_at_blackholes.five-ten-sg.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon,  5 Sep 2005 14:44:38 -0000