Suggestion for a good monochrome laserjet?

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at uvlug.org
Mon Sep 5 08:43:40 MDT 2005

Doran Barton wrote:
> I'd like to second the recommendation for the HP LJ 1200. Great printer
> and unlike most of the lower-end LaserJet models before it, it
> understands Postscript, thereby, making it a winner for Linux printing.

I like double recommendations.  How much and where is the best place to
pick up the printer?

I checked CompUSA, CircuitCity, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Staples, CostCo
but none of their websites seem to indicate they carry this printer.  Is
it an obsolete model?

The only HP model I am finding in these stores with 1200 is the "Hewlett
Packard Business Inkjet 1200d Printer"

Kenneth