Suggestion for a good monochrome laserjet?

Tyler Strickland tyler at tylers.org
Mon Sep 5 07:45:45 MDT 2005

On 09/04/2005 11:43 AM, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> I am looking to buy a simple monochrome laserjet printer for home.  Does
> any one have a good suggestion for a reliable laserjet printer for under
> $200?  Where is the best place to buy them and also where is the best
> place to get replacement cartridges?

I bought an old HP LaserJet 4+ and a roller kit from
http://printerworks.com - the whole deal cost me about $100 and I got an
awesome printer to boot.  I've seen printers like it print double its
current 57,000 page count without blinking.

Those old boxy HP's will take a beating and keep on printing. I can't
recommend them enough.

Oh, and toner only costs about $50 for a 6800 page-yield cartridge -
http://www.abcink.com/laserjet41.html

--Tyler