Good Hot Topic Filters?

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Sat Sep 3 11:31:19 MDT 2005

Michael wrote:

> If you don't have access to procmail, I know that some mail clients
> can emulate procmail by doing the filtering when you check your
> e-mail.

KMail (which I'm using now) has awesome filtering and threading
capabilities.  I've defined about fifty filters, so all incoming mail
goes into the appropriate folder and anything "left over" goes into a
"suspect" folder that tends to be 80% spam at the end of the day.

Also, you can choose on a per-folder basis whether you'd like to view
messages in list mode or threaded mode.  If threaded, you can then
elect to ignore the entire thread.

Thunderbird is nice, but if you have a choice between it and KMail I'd
definitely recommend the latter.

$0.02,
Jeff