Good Hot Topic Filters?

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Sat Sep 3 09:32:18 MDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 02:40 -0600, Steve wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is a way to configure composer or maybe I'll need
> to use a different email client all together, that will allow me to
> "watch" or ignore topics, so that especially in the event of a topic of
> little or no interest to me, that that particular topic may be filtered
> in some way, so it is not visible to me, and to do this, without having
> to create a new rule based on each topic.
> Anyways thanks for the info.
> FYI I'm running Gentoo

Almost all of us on this list use procmail to filter list mail into
folders.  For example, I'm currently subscribed to about 10 mailing
lists for various projects and organizations that generate somewhere
around a 1000 e-mails a day, so I have to laugh about the 50 messages
you received.  Each of my mailing lists goes to its own folder.  I also
filter out email from family and friends and put them in their own
folders.  Some days on some mailing lists I just delete them all.  Some
mail clients also let you kill complete threads, which is very nice.

If you don't have access to procmail, I know that some mail clients can
emulate procmail by doing the filtering when you check your e-mail.

Michael