filtering (was: [OT] Are we a democracy or a republic?)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Sep 2 09:09:48 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 23:02 -0700, contact at echazen.com wrote:
> Please do what you need to do to keep your messages in their proper threads (or however it's supposed to be worded).

This is not our fault, it is yours. There's something wrong with your
filter. If you are using a decent MUA, you can filter on headers.
Happily, the Plug list (like all well behaved lists) include a list-id
header. This is what you should be filtering on. I sincerely doubt
you're using procmail, but if you are, here's the outline of a rule:

:0
* ^List-Id:.*plug\.plug\.org
$MAILDIR/.INBOX.Lists.plug/

P.S. It is rude to hijack threads like you did with your message. At the
very least, modify the subject as I've demonstrated.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@