[OT] Power Trips

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Fri Sep 2 01:25:20 MDT 2005

* Ross Werner [Thu,  1 Sep 2005 at 17:15 -0600]
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, James Lance wrote:
> And with regards to the "Reply-To" issue, I think that (a) 90+% of the
> time when you hit "reply" to a PLUG email, you want your reply to go to
> the list, and (b) it makes sense to make default the most common behavior.

I'd just like to point out that 90+% of the time when you reply to the
list, what you really want to do is reply to the list. So hey, reply to
the list, it's a seperate action from replying to the person. And most
every MUA has this functionality and it's not hard.

I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, just trying to shed some
light on where the reply-to bigots are camping out, what their tents
look like, and why they think list-reply is such a dang good thing and
reply-to munging is not.

Von Fugal