[OT] Power Trips

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Thu Sep 1 17:15:34 MDT 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, James Lance wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2005 3:02 pm, Michael Halcrow wrote:
>> In my book, the absolute best solution to the general problem of OT
>> messages is the ``[OT]'' in the subject.
>
> Agreed.  OT isn't that hard to use.  If you get tired of a thread: fold it,
> junk it, send it to /dev/null what ever.

I agree wholeheartedly as well. Creating another list is, quite frankly,
just stupid. I promise you that after a month any such list will be dead.
It's been tried at many times and in many places.

And with regards to the "Reply-To" issue, I think that (a) 90+% of the
time when you hit "reply" to a PLUG email, you want your reply to go to
the list, and (b) it makes sense to make default the most common behavior.

As far as changing "Reply-To" settings and expecting it to have *any*
effect whatsoever on a flamewar (or a series of off-topic postings, since
I didn't see any serious flame), I think you must be smoking something.

   ~ Ross

"What you can't touch, for you is leagues away,
  what you can't grasp does not exist at all,
  what you can't count, you don't believe is true..."
         - Mephistopheles, 'Faust'