Power Trips

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Sep 1 14:15:54 MDT 2005

On Thu,  1 Sep 2005 at 12:13 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Also, perhaps it would help to rename this list to "linux at plug.org", to
> gently remind posters what the topic is supposed to be.

I like constructive ideas. Let's talk about this. What you want to do is
separate the community from the on-topic discussion. I submit that this
is impossible. However it is a frequently-proposed idea so maybe we
should try the experiment. The best part about it is that the benevolent
dictatorship doesn't have to be involved - anyone at all can set up a
separate list and we as a democracy can decide to take our off-topic
posts there. So I propose somebody set up this list and invite people to
take off-topic discussions there.

As for renaming this list, we did that not too long ago and it caused
quite the ruckus. I think we'll just leave it for now.