x2x -- throw away the docking station

Dan dan.miller at usu.edu
Thu Sep 1 12:59:29 MDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 02:58:55PM -0600, Alan Young wrote:
> I should have been more thorough in my post.  Ideally, I'd like to set
> up something under X, but at the moment we have a Win box using BeTwin
> (http://www.thinsoftinc.com) to do this.
> I was wondering/hoping if anyone knew of an open source (hopefully
> cross platform) project that did this (multi-head, multi-user) type of
> stuff.

I'm not exactly sure what thinsoftinc has in terms of products.  From
their home page I got the impression that they are into thin client
computing.  The most well known linux project having to do with thin
clients is LTSP.  Found at:

Of course you can also buy hardware that is LTSP supported at:

On the thinsoftinc home page they had a banner speaking about turning 1
PC into 5.  On linux you can accomplish this with something like:

Related pages for the above:

> --
> Alan

I'm interested to know which of the two things above you were actually
interested in.

Good luck.