ProvoProvoProvo! (Jeff Waugh Presentation)

Joel Finlinson joel at finlinson.net
Sun Oct 30 21:21:13 MST 2005

On 10/27/05, Andrew Jorgensen <andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/05, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can we ask him why there's no easy way to open gnome-terminal?  I
> > haven't installed Breezy -- I've just used the live cd -- but there is
> > no right-click -> Open Terminal or terminal launcher in any of the
> > menus.  I can understand (though I don't agree) with removing the
> > "Open Terminal" item from the right-click menu, but not having it
> > anywhere in the menu is criminal.
> >
> > Has anyone installed Breezy?  Is this just a Live CD issue?
>
> This functionality is provided by the nautilus-open-terminal package,
> which you may install.

> The terminal moved to Applications->Accessories->Terminal.  That
> caught me off guard too, but that's where it should have been in the
> first place.

     I miss having a Run command off the menu too.  Some Ubuntu
webpage told me that Alt-F2 will bring up a run window.  I found Oo2
is much slower too.  A few quirks that needed adjusting to, but
otherwise, it seems to be working fine so far.  It certainly was an
easy upgrade - change the name from Hoary to Breezy in the
sources.dist file and off you go.

   JOEL