NVIDIA Help

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:55:14 MDT 2005

> This is probably in your Screen section in /etc/X11/XF86Config or
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  You can specify the screen resolution and the
> virtual desktop size there.

Duly noted.

> You may have multiple ratios between the physical and virtual
> screens. If the ratio is 1:1, which is what you are used to, then
> there is no panning. To toggle between ratios, use CTL-ALT-+ and
> CTL-ALT-- on the numeric pad.

That is a handy keyboard shortcut, but alas, it doesn't solve my
problem.  On my setup it toggles between two ratios: too big, and way
too big.

> nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> Delete the lines that refer to Virtual Screens and their sizes.

Unfortunately, there is not a single reference in my config file
(/etc/X11/XFree86-Config) to a Virtual Screen.  In fact, I did a
recursive grep on the entire /etc/X11/ directory and didn't find one.

I'll paste some of my config file if anyone is curious/interested.
I've been getting by by switching my driver back to "nv" (instead of
"nvidia"), but it sure would be nice to get the nvidia driver working.

Any other ideas?  Anyone else ever run into this problem?

Thanks,
Stephen

--
Ray tracing rules: http://ray-tracer.blogspot.com