OpenVPN Configuration (Was XP Linksys DHCP Hatred)

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Oct 28 11:33:22 MDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 at 11:05 -0600, Andrew Jorgensen wrote:
> Actually, depending on how you're using it you don't even need to set
> up bridging on the server.  I use OpenVPN in bridging mode, but only
> to bridge the clients together.  Rather than bridging network segments
> together through the VPN I'm connecting each client directly to the
> VPN "switch" that is the OpenVPN server.

Interesting.

> About TLS, I think he's refering to the limitation of static key mode
> to have only one server and one client.

The same restriction applies in routing mode. I think he was equating
bridging with the server-bridge option, instead of using a tap device.
You don't need server* for bridging, but if you tried to use it, you'd
be unsuccessful without TLS.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach