Web Developer Position

Jesse Stay jessestay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:53:44 MDT 2005

My Uncle forwarded this to me - pay is a bit low, but it is a startup.
 Keep in mind these are the same guys that started Freeservers.com,
now owned by the company Jayce^ works for:

Overview
Know More Media publishes expert tips, opinions, advice, news, and
information on various business-to-business topics through its rapidly
expanding online network of business trade blogs.  We are at an early
stage and growing rapidly and are led by a team of seasoned executives
with many years of online publishing, website creation and business
management experience. Know More Media is a leader in developing blog
networks and will ambitiously publish several new blogs per month.

We are seeking a professional web programmer for full or part-time
employment.  Skills required include programming in Perl, database
administration, XHTML/JS/CSS, XML, and APACHE.  Familiarity with PHP
and the blogging software Movable Type's Programmatic Interfaces
(XML-RPC APIs and plugin creation) is preferred.  Previous experience
in programming web applications and accessing databases is required.
The opening is part or full-time with flexible hours.  You may work
from home.  It will require a minimum of 20 hours per week.

Job Description
Programming for web applications
Work closely with business team to support weblog publishing
Perl/PHP/MySQL/XHTML/JS/CSS/XML

Required Skills
Perl Programming (1 year or more)
- Strong knowledge of language, regular expressions, perl objects, DBI
MySQL
- Experience working with any database preferred (Postgresql useful)
Knowledge of Moveable Type or other Blog software
XHTML/Javascript/CSS/XML/PHP
Self-starter
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Willingness and ability to communicate
Must have own computer with high speed internet access at home office

Compensation
Starting $10 - $12 an hour, depending on experience.  As individual
proves themselves, potential to grow into a salaried position.  Intern
potential as appropriate.

Hours
Part or full-time hourly position with flexible hours 4-8 hours a day
5 days a week

Contact Information
If you qualify for this position, please email your resume and contact
information to
hal at knowmoremedia.com.

Hal Halladay
www.leadernotes.com

We expect to complete this hire 11/15/05

--

Jesse Stay

#!/usr/bin/perl
#y,d,s,(\$.),$1,gee,print