utah gentoo list (possible interest?)

Matthew Ross Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Thu Oct 20 13:11:07 MDT 2005

Steve Dibb wrote:
> (Cross-posted to UPHPU, SLLUG and PLUG)
>
> Hey all,
>
> I'm thinking of putting together a small Gentoo LUG local to us Utah
> users / admins.
>
> Now, before you groan and say, "not another LUG", lemme point out some
> of the stuff I'd like to accomplish.
>
> One, is to have a local mailing list for gentooers, which would be a lot
> less volume than just subscribing to one of the main gentoo user mailing
> lists.
>
> Secondly, have something similiar to the GWN, where we can send out
> weekly tips, tricks, news (stuff like the new apache2 ebuild, beware!),
> etc.
>
> Last, occassionaly have meetings specific to Gentoo stuff, like howto
> setup/configure a mail server or MythTV or Apache2 + PHP5 or something.
>
> And not much more than that.
>
> If there's any interest, let me know.
>
> Thanks!

Count me as interested! Been using Gentoo on production servers, and on
my workstation for 2 or 3 years now.

--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
Murphy's Law, that brash proletarian restatement of Godel's Theorem.
		-- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"