getting data to and from a windows machine to a linux machine

Chris Carey chris.carey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:58:13 MDT 2005

Use a free Dynamic DNS service on the windows to give your dynamic ip
a domain name (no-ip, dyndns, dynu, etc). That solves that problem.

Using rsync on both machines is a great option. Install cygwin on the
windows machine to get rsync there.

Or if its just mysql you want then you can use MySQL-Front or another
utility to synchronize the two databases. I prefer to use SSH to
tunnel the mysql connection to the remote machine.