getting data to and from a windows machine to a linux machine

bibhor dhungel bibhor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:16:21 MDT 2005

hi,
I need some help in regards to setting up connection between a windows and a
linux machine. The windows machine is in another state(CA) and the linux
machine is here in Utah. I need to transfer some data back and forth between
the two machines. The problem is that the windows machine doesnt have a
static ip. What secure ways are there to transfer the data between the two
machines. using rsync is an option i am looking at right now. But since the
data to be transferred is mostly between mysql tables are there any options
that I could use? thanks. is there an option where i could use the mac
address of the windows to accept the data when it comes to linux? thanks
bibhor