iPod or music player.

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Tue Oct 18 18:32:43 MDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 06:12:57PM -0500, Michael Halcrow wrote:

> She looked at it and asked what it was. I explained that it was
> basically some Flash RAM, a controller, a decoding processor, and a
> digital to analog converter. Her reaction was, ``So, you just bought
> me RAM for our anniversary.'' And she never used it.

Well, that was quite a choice of words there... Maybe you could have said
something like:

"It's a music player, so you can listen to energizing music when you work
out (as if it was possible for you to be any prettier), or when you go
shopping (women like to hear the word "shopping"), or for you listen to
some romantic songs when you are missing me."

> So I bought her velcro tape for Valentine's Day so she could stick the
> MP3 player on various surfaces in the house, in the car, or on her
> arm.
>
> She has never forgiven me for that one.

Now Velcro is not a very romantic gift. Useful? Yes. Romantic? No.

> I have since learned that jewelry is usually a safe bet. Electronic
> devices tend to be hit-or-miss.

:-)

-Roberto

--
Keyboard not connected, press F1 to continue.