iPod or music player.

Erin Sharmahd tuxgirl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:49:33 MDT 2005

> She looked at it and asked what it was. I explained that it was
> basically some Flash RAM, a controller, a decoding processor, and a
> digital to analog converter. Her reaction was, ``So, you just bought
> me RAM for our anniversary.'' And she never used it.

"A music player" or "An MP3 player" might've elicited a more positive
reaction....

> I have since learned that jewelry is usually a safe bet. Electronic
> devices tend to be hit-or-miss.

I think this depends on the woman, and on how it's done. If you buy
her electronic devices, then borrow them to the point that she begins
to wonder whether you gave it to her as an excuse for buying it (I've
seen this), then it's probably not the best idea.  If she really
doesn't enjoy technology, then it's not the best idea... etc...

~Erin