iPod or music player.

Josh Frome jfrome at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:34:57 MDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> I'm buying an MP3 player (after work) for my wife. I've never needed to
> look into them until now. The problem is, I have to pick up the gift
> A.S.A.P. and don't really have time to research things like I would like
> to.
> I dig the form of the iPod and would consider it if I knew my wife could
> put music onto it easily with Fedora Core 4 or Ubuntu. But, I would
> consider other suggestions also.
> I guess the only real qualification I have is it should work well with
> Linux and MP3 (Oggs would be nice). Any recommendations?
> Thanks for saving my bacon ;)
> Gabe
> /*
> PLUG: http://plug.org, #utah on irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>

I haven't tried it myself, but
Rythmbox<http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox/>, (UI based on
iTunes) looks interesting. FWIW, I set up iTunes in Hoary
using Crossover Office, and it worked fine. You'll probably get more brownie
points with an iPod than with another MP3 player, regardless of tech specs