DSPAM + vpopmail + qmail

Matthew Ross Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Mon Oct 17 12:33:05 MDT 2005

Alright, I give up. I'm trying to get DSPAM installed on my
vpopmail/qmail setup for better spam filtering, and I can't for the life
of me get it to work. I've tried a bunch of different walkthroughs, and
they all recommend a .qmail file like this (for user 'test at kydance.net',
a virtual user):

> cat ~vpopmail/domains/kydance.net/.qmail-test
| /usr/bin/dspam --user test at kydance.net --deliver=innocent \
  --mode=teft --feature=chained,noise,whitelist -m -p \
  ./test/.maildir/procmailrc

> cat ~vpopmail/domains/kydance.net/test/.maildir/procmailrc
:0w
|/var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

I've tested the dspam command by hand with --stdout, and it outputs a
scored message and updates the database, so dspam itself is configured
and set up properly. (As near as I can tell, anyway.)

I've tested .qmail-test with just a procmail call, and that worked, with
the procmailrc I provided.

But when I call dspam in the .qmail-test like that, the message
vanishes. qmail-send logs show it being delivered, but it never arrives
in the destination directory, and I can't find any error messages in any
log files.

Has anyone else set this up? If you need any other information, I'm
happy to provide it.
--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
<sj7trunks> so after updating glibc i just need to emerge -eup
<carpaski> -e == truck
<carpaski> -u == small cat
<carpaski> -eu == truck running over small cat