DSPAM + vpopmail + qmail

Matthew Ross Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Mon Oct 17 12:33:05 MDT 2005

Alright, I give up. I'm trying to get DSPAM installed on my
vpopmail/qmail setup for better spam filtering, and I can't for the life
of me get it to work. I've tried a bunch of different walkthroughs, and
they all recommend a .qmail file like this (for user 'test at kydance.net',
a virtual user):

> cat ~vpopmail/domains/kydance.net/.qmail-test
| /usr/bin/dspam --user test at kydance.net --deliver=innocent \
  --mode=teft --feature=chained,noise,whitelist -m -p \

> cat ~vpopmail/domains/kydance.net/test/.maildir/procmailrc
|/var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

I've tested the dspam command by hand with --stdout, and it outputs a
scored message and updates the database, so dspam itself is configured
and set up properly. (As near as I can tell, anyway.)

I've tested .qmail-test with just a procmail call, and that worked, with
the procmailrc I provided.

But when I call dspam in the .qmail-test like that, the message
vanishes. qmail-send logs show it being delivered, but it never arrives
in the destination directory, and I can't find any error messages in any
log files.

Has anyone else set this up? If you need any other information, I'm
happy to provide it.
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
<sj7trunks> so after updating glibc i just need to emerge -eup
<carpaski> -e == truck
<carpaski> -u == small cat
<carpaski> -eu == truck running over small cat