[OT] Text Editor vs IDE aka ctrl-s froze VI

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Oct 17 07:14:59 MDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 11:17 -0600, Ross Werner wrote:
> (Oh, and a freshmeat search pulled up this:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/leeditor/

Unfortunately this type of editor is exactly the reason why DOS edit was
so refreshing at the time.  Funky block start/block end commands and
lots of wordstar-like keystrokes.  Some people love it though.

I admit that the idea of using shift and arrow keys to highlight
something was a great idea and very easy to use once you learn how to
use it, although I prefer VI's visual mode now, because it is more
flexible.