[OT] Text Editor vs IDE aka ctrl-s froze VI

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:44:20 MDT 2005

I know this is OT for even this OT thread, but just curious to know if
anyone has made a look&work-alike of  the old DOS Edit from 5.0+ for
Linux.

This thread has given me a real nostalgia buzz, and honestly I kinda
miss Edit and the Quick/QBasic development environments.

I remember how impressed I was back in the days when they were the
latest and greatest.

Seems and ncurses based editor would do a really good job of
accomplishing this task.
Thoughts?