Faxing solutions

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Fri Oct 14 21:20:24 MDT 2005

After installing Asterisk with PRI lines we are looking to get rid of
our analog lines.  We *were* going to keep 1 or 2 for faxing but it
would be nice to get rid of them all (although I really, really like
HylaFAX).  I've looked at lots of options to FAX with Asterisk but the
cost for an additional T1 card and channel bank is prohibitive.  Then it
occurred to me - outsource it.  It's *so* unlike me to consider
outsourcing anything, but this sounds like it could be just what we
need.

FAX is *very* important to our business.  I'm hoping that your input
will help me find a reliable service.  So, I'm asking, have any of you
had good experiences with a FAX service and could you recommend them?
Are they web based?  Email based?  Reliable?  Can they use our existing
numbers?  Do they require client software that only runs on Windows?

Thanks,
Gabe