[OT] Text Editor vs IDE aka ctrl-s froze VI

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Oct 14 15:20:05 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 15:06 -0600, Barry Roberts wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 02:11:24PM -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> >
> > Again, intuitiveness is relative.
>
> I disagree.  No computer user interface is intuitive.  I like the old
> (in Internet years) saying that the only "intuitive" interface is the
> nipple.  Everything else is learned.

And I further disagree with your disagreement. Neither of my two kids
has /just known/ how to nurse. It took a lot of patience and hard work
to teach them. The most recent one had this annoying habit of keeping
his tongue on top of his mouth which prevented him from getting any
milk. I had to feed him with a tube taped to my finger and force his
tongue into the right position before he learned how the deal works.

Sorry if that was TMI for anybody, but it's not fair to trivialize the
hard work that women put into breast feeding.

Corey