Eclipse (was Re: ctrl-s froze VI)

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Thu Oct 13 08:46:58 MDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Alex Esplin wrote:
> The only reason that I've tried Eclipse is for the debugger, which I
> can't figure out anyway, since I can't seem to get my projects that
> I've already started in Vim to play nice with Eclipse.

Are they just Java programs? Swing/SWT or command-line?

> I'm sure that Eclipse is very powerful, but for me the learning curve
> going from never moving my hands from the keyboard to finding what tool
> is in what menu is to expensive during the middle of a semester.

I don't blame you. I'd recommend waiting until a slow time in the semester
or preferably a break in school when you can find someone who's already
experienced in Eclipse and have them explain to you how everything works.

Hmmmm.... maybe we need an Eclipse presentation at an upcoming plug
meeting?

 	~ Ross