ctrl-s froze VI

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:35:14 MDT 2005

> And I can understand not using the
> "fancier" features when you're editing text, but rarely using them in a
> full-fledged IDE? That's just insane. What are you using an IDE for then
> anyway? When I'm programming in Eclipse, I'm refactoring code left and
> right, searching for references to objects and methods, doing complex
> symbol lookups and autocompleting references ... those sorts of tools are
> the only reasons that I don't do everything in vi.

The only reason that I've tried Eclipse is for the debugger, which I
can't figure out anyway, since I can't seem to get my projects that
I've already started in Vim to play nice with Eclipse.  I'm sure that
Eclipse is very powerful, but for me the learning curve going from
never moving my hands from the keyboard to finding what tool is in
what menu is to expensive during the middle of a semester.

--
Alex Esplin