ctrl-s froze VI

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Wed Oct 12 20:13:06 MDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 12:45:45PM -0600, kirk wrote:
> I pushed ctrl-s and it froze VI.
> How do I unfreeze it?
> Please Help.

Once you have resolved this crisis, I recommend you run the following
(as root) to prevent it from happening again ("it" being "VI", not
your terminal scroll locking):

ln -sf `which emacs` `which vi`

This should take care of that occasional mishap when you impulsively
type 'vi' when you are trying to launch a text editor.

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

"My Love is my Truth, and I will burn in Hell for it."
 - Heloise