Missing menus

Jeff Nyman Jeff.Nyman at caselle.com
Tue Oct 11 08:06:29 MDT 2005

My son is running FC4. His menu has disapeared, well most of it. All of the
program links are gone and his desktop icons don't work any more. I can
still get to everything by command line, but I just can't figure out what
happened or how to fix it. I've googled around and see that it has happened
to other people but not how to fix it. Yum is running could that have done
it? I know it has messed with his nvidia driver a couple of times. This is
in both gnome and KDE. Any ideas what caused it?