Ubuntu Installation Problems

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:21:37 MDT 2005

I decided to try out Ubuntu linux.  I loved using gentoo but
considering that my system is right next to my bed, I have gotten sick
of having the system running all night updating and compliling.

Anyways, I have had some problems getting Ubuntu to install properly.
Basically, it seems that once the initial install has finished and I
am ready to boot into linux to finish the installation it is unable to
recognize the filesystem on my root partition and can't mount it.

There is a bug that was recently submitted to the ubuntu bugzilla so I
will just in link it here rather than go into a bunch of details
again.  If you have some expertise with this and can give some advice
please let me know.

Ubuntu Bugzilla bug reference:

Dan Stovall
I swear Power Point is going to be the downfall of higher education in
western society.