log rsync stats

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Mon Oct 10 10:37:34 MDT 2005

> This is in the man page on mine
>
> -i output a change summary for all updates
> --log-format=FORMAT   output filenames using the specified format

Alright, according to "--log-format," I can "specify exactly what the
rsync client logs to stdout on a per-file basis." I assumed that this
command was to simply specify what format the logs were written in.
Re-reading it now, it kind of sounds like logs are written to
something called "stdout" and that you can redirect this to custom
files. What is stdout? and what would the syntax be?