[OT] Is is just me or does google maps suck now?

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 22:08:00 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 20:42 -0700, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> I have no idea what you're doing, but both maps.google.com and
> local.google.com have nice big scalable maps with all the features both
> now and this morning when I first had a look.

you're right.  It is all there.  But not 60 minutes ago it was just as I
said.  I wonder what link I clicked on.  Weird stuff.  One of those
moments where you know what you saw, but you can't reproduce it so you
feel like you're going nuts!  The google maps I saw a few moments ago
was about 640x480, had none of the things I mentioned, and had a color
google logo that floated over the satellite image.

Okay I found out what happened.  Somehow the search got executed in some
weird home:  http://maps.google.com/maps?output=html&q=orem%2C
+utah&btnG=Search (screenshot
http://www.torriefamily.org/~torriem/google.png )

It still is scrollable, which is the weird part.  So it's still ajax.

Odd that it came up this way for me before and now it defaults to the
normal view.  My bad, though.