Google and Sun

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:32:50 MDT 2005

Has anyone been paying attention to the news about a multi-year deal
struck between Goolge and Sun yesterday?  Google is interested in
Java, OpenSolaris, OpenOffice, and hardware from Sun.  Microsoft's
stock dropped 3% when the deal was announced.

I still haven't run Solaris/OpenSolaris on an x86 system -- I've
always stuck with Linux -- but I'm about to convert a few systems.  I
know we've had similar discussions before, but how do you guys feel
about OpenSolaris?  Would you run it?  It sounds like Goolge is going
to.

Read more here:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5888701.html
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9593_22-5888536.html