ssh cpu usage

Matthew Ross Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Wed Oct 5 14:27:19 MDT 2005

Hans Fugal wrote:
> Say we have a server with somewhere between 200 and 300 telnet sessions
> at a time every day. Now say we're thinking of switching from telnet to
> ssh, is there going to be a noticeable problem due to ssh probably
> needing more CPU than telnet?

You'll see higher usage, but I seriously doubt it'll be high enough to
be a problem. The thing is, unless those sessions are constantly sending
and recieving, at any given moment only a few of them will be needing
any processor power.
--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
Option Paralysis:
	The tendency, when given unlimited choices, to make none.
		-- Douglas Coupland, "Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated
		   Culture"