openssh ignores locked account using public key authentication

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Tue Oct 4 13:59:16 MDT 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Corey Edwards wrote:
> The problem there is that now their UID is gone so files owned by that
> user won't show an owner, just a number. And you have the
> possibility of
> re-using that UID.

Yup, that is one of the drawbacks of my previous idea.  That is why I
suggest using some other tool to manage user accounts, and have that
tool export the data to LDAP or passwd files.

Currently I have a billing system (a bunch of CLI scripts w/ a MySQL
backend) to manage my accounts.  The scripts add accounts to both
locations, and suspension just removes the passwd entry.

Anyone else have some more elegant ideas for user management?

--lonnie