GIS display systems for Linux

Dreamer smorrey at
Tue Oct 4 01:40:11 MDT 2005

I once worked for a map company where the owner wanted people to be
able to click on an area anywhere in the state and order the USGS topo
quad for the area.
We wound up using a special linux distro for the webserver, that was
customized for exactly this type of implementation, however IIRC it
was just a nice collection of open source tools, that fit well

According to the distro authors notes he built it mostly around this

I hope thats helpful!