openssh ignores locked account using public key authentication

Michael Torrie torriem at
Mon Oct 3 17:56:21 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 17:54 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:

> If you use the form "ssh -l user host command," ssh will run the command
> without running the shell at all.  Thus someone could involve pretty
> much any command via ssh regardless of the shell setting.

Actually I am wrong.  It does run the shell, but doesn't do any of the
login initialization stuff like the dot files.  At least I think that is

if ssh is to run scp or sftp, it does have to have a valid shell.  so
this could work.

> > /*
> > PLUG:, #utah on
> > Unsubscribe: