Asterisk and the big bad echo

Jared Smith jared.jsmith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 12:19:36 MDT 2005

On 9/24/05, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> BTW, I read on the mailing list the
> echo suppression is going to be much better in 1.2. I don't know
> anything about it, it's just what I've read.

The 1.2.x series includes an new echo canceller called KB1. According to
Digium's tech support team, it solves the echo in 90 to 95 percent of cases
that are reported to them. The 1.2.x series also includes a utility called
"fxotune" to help eliminate echo, but I have to admit that I've never had
any echo at all on my TDM11B card, so I haven't bothered to try it out.

-Jared